Sunday, March 7, 2010

So we had the best wedding EVER!

I know I'm several months behind on starting this blog, but I wanted to share some of my favorites from our new life together. And my number one favorite.... OUR WEDDING!

I wanted a "simple" backyard wedding just like my mom and dad's. My mom and dad got married in my grandparents backyard... We got married in my aunt and uncle's backyard. Mom walked down the aisle to John Denver's "Follow Me"... I walked down the aisle to J.D.'s "Follow Me". M and D got married on May 31st... We got married on May 30th. Mom's flowers were from my grandma's garden... My flowers were from my mom's garden. My parents had a handful of people at their wedding.... and that's where the similarities stop. It becomes a lot less "simple" when your talking about 150 people in a backyard! But my family (and friends) was a amazing and really pulled together to make the day PERFECT! And I do mean perfect. The weather, the flowers, the music, the food, the lights... PERFECT! Here's some pics to convince you!


Remember what I said about the weather? Not too hot, not too cold! An amazing feat for Texas!
My cute little cousins like little fairies! They were so excited!
Perfect time of day! No sun shining in anyone's eyes! Side bar- Our pastor, Ken, had lung transplant surgery about 3 days after he married us! A very risky surgery, but he pulled through and is recovering nicely! We had Brenda, an amazing family friend, do most of the ceremony just in case Ken got the call early and couldn't be there to marry us. Ken did the "official" part and Brenda did the "personal, helps-to-know-the-bride-and-groom" part. End side bar.
Here comes the bride!!! Bouquet of wildflowers from my mom's garden, arranged by my mom's good friend from high school (who also sang "Follow Me" at my Mom and Dad's wedding).
If you're not jealous of our wedding yet... there's something wrong with you. :)


We threw birdseed on our way to the reception so people wouldn't feel obligated to stay till the bride and groom left. Made for GREAT pics in the daylight, but also made for birdseed in my hair and down my dress. So worth it!
First Dance to "God Bless the Broken Road". If you know us and know our story, you'll know how perfect that is! Not gonna go into it in a blog of course. :)

Oh, by the way, all my pics were taken by my new step-father-in-law, my cousin or my very talented college roommate previously mentioned.

Nowadays, everyone has awesome cameras and digital makes everything easier! Also, it doesn't hurt to have extremely artistic family and friends.
















We had a photobooth set up out in the middle of the wildflower garden! This was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding!The Hotesses! My mom and her sister, Laura. The actual ceremony was in Laura's backyard and the reception was across the street in my parents backyard.


Notice how the cake is leaning. It was melting! But we ate it up anyway! My mom's friend from high school also baked the cake. Not sure what we would have done without her! And the "Love Birds" on top... carved by my grandpa. Like I said it REALLY helps to have talented and artistic friends and family. And speaking of artistic friends...


Meet Cathy!
Not only is she the best friend ever and the most amazing photographer, but she also bakes! She supplied the most amazing sugar cookies. She even designed a cookie cutter for us! That's a J and B and a BUTTERFLY! She knows me so well! Go to her blog to see just how talented this girl really is. If you look far enough back, you'll even see the making of the JB cookie!












More talented family members! Meet my cousin, Chef Bubba (Boo-bah) aka Erik. He and his friends catered the event. I didn't get to eat, but everyone went on and on about how good all the food was. I don't have a good pic of the buffet line, but it was in a big blue boat! Awesome!


So, as you can see, our wedding was AMAZING! The best day of my life so far! Thanks to everyone that made it that way! I know it was a lot of hard work, but it was sooo worth it to have such beautiful memories to go along with such an amazing experience.
Thank you and good night! This blogging is tiring business.

2 comments:

  1. and it's almost your anniversary! congrats! it's nice to not be alone in the online journal world anymore :) can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding was beautiful Jessie! I thought it fit you guys perfectly. And I loved that you guys danced to "Bless the Broken Road", also Cody and I's first song. You and Billy are so blessed to have found each other and we are so blessed to have you as friends. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete