Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Honeymoon

We went to Cozumel for your Honeymoon! I would recommend Cozumel to anyone. It's cheap and beautiful! When you're in Cozumel there's two things you should do: Snorkel and go to Coconuts! Here's some pics. (Unfortunately my photographers didn't come on our honeymoon with us so excuse my disposable camera pics.)
Honeymoon T-shirts! We had a fruit basket and a bottle of wine as well!
Mostly we laid on the beach or by the pool, reading. Whenever we got hot, we got in the water. Whenever we got thirsty, we just swam on over to the bar.
We rented a jeep to visit the ruins and of course... COCONUTS! Look at my hot husband!
Pretty beach on the way to Coconuts and the ruins. Half the island is undeveloped. This stretch of beach is by far the prettiest of what I've seen and not a hotel in sight!
At Coconuts. This restaurant is a hut on the top of a cliff overlooking the ocean. It's called Coconuts because girls are supposed to flash their boobies. Or girls flash their boobies because it's called Coconuts. Not sure. Booby flashing is not required or I would not be eating here! As soon as we were seated the waiter brought Billy a photo album to peruse for his pleasure. Definitely need a sense of humor to eat here. We recommend the shrimp ceviche if you ever make it there though.
These little guys were everywhere. While trying to get closer for this photo I ended up stepping in his house.
Which lead to the cankle curse, I think. Those iguanas cursed me for destroying their home. I'll post more about the cankle curse later.
Doing the tourist thing on top of ruins. Funny thing... I came to these same ruins years ago with my friend Lindsay and our guides said completely different things! Like what the meaning was for all the buildings and the symbolism of the architecture. It was like we went to two different ruins. So not sure what to believe.
About to go snorkeling! We saw a stingray, a sea turtle and a baracuda! Side bar- Not so good at the self picture taking. But we got better!
Love this pic! Love Cozumel! Love my husband! Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment