Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Giving Up My Texas Citizenship- kinda

So today I spent a good hour of my life waiting in line at the DMV.

 photo tumblr_ma32cdA5Sf1ry65c8o1_500_zps8688d80a.gif

First I had to wait in line to get a number, then I had to wait in line for them to call my number.
 photo tumblr_m5hfozZZ5O1r86gmto1_400_zpsb465e9cd.gif

Ok enough fun with GIFs. Trying to get into this blogging thing. GIFs weren't a thing when I started this blog. Or not a popular thing anyhow. Hopefully everyone can see them.

So I was waiting at the DMV to get my title and registration switched to WV. I'm so sad to be getting rid of my TX plates, but my registration expired in April so I had to. I was proud to drive around town with my Texas plates. Everyone knew I wasn't from around here. I was from Texas. I feel like I've been a visitor here in WV all this time and now it's all becoming real. I actually LIVE here.

I did pick the prettiest plate they had available to regular folks to lessen the heartache. It cost a little more, but I believe it was worth it.

I thought this one was especially appropriate since Billy and I have become avid backyard bird watchers. We are ready for retirement!

Now I need to figure out some other ways to Texify my car. I have my Longhorn emblem, but that's just not gonna cut it now that I don't have my Texas plates to put it in context. I did get a few suggestions from my work friends.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are blogging! We miss y'all so much and think of you often... You know that's true because I cannot look at the salt and pepper shaker without thinking of The Hoffmanns!!! Sending virtual hugs and kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'VE BECOME A BIRDER!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!! WHY OH WHY DID YOU MOVE AWAY FROM TEXAS?????????????????????? ????????????? I'M JUST GOING TO MOPE WHEN I COME BACK TO DALLAS THIS FALL :(

    ReplyDelete