Wednesday, September 18, 2013

For My Dear Friend Jill

Again, I've been a bad blogger. My dear friend Jill admonished me months ago for teasing her with a couple blog posts and then going blog silent. I don't have a cute little baby to brag to the world about though so she should cut me some slack. By the way, Jill, it's been a while since your last post too. I want to see more of that kid!

Anyways, what have we been up to...

I joined Crossfit, I quit Crossfit.
This in no way reflects poorly on Crossfit. It was just really expensive even for just the 3 day a week plan, and I didn't feel that my life was being enriched like it had through other fitness programs. I miss my CG! So now I've been bugging Billy almost daily to sign me up to use the Student Rec Center at WVU so I can go to group classes in the morning. It'll be spin, BodyPump, spin, BodyPump, spin. Pretty excited to get back in to a routine and I've heard good things about BodyPump. Not excited about waking up at 5:30 to make it to a 6:15 class.

We started training for a full marathon, we quit training for a full marathon.
This post is not going so good. Here's the story: We signed up for the Philadelphia Marathon which is scheduled for Nov. 17th. Not two weeks later, Billy was asked by his good friend to come to his wedding on Nov. 20th. Crazy talk! A wedding in the middle of the week?! Well NBD, you can do both. Au contraire, my friend. This wedding is in INDIA! And you can't run a marathon in Philly on Sunday and be in India on Wednesday. At least not easily and flying commercially. Plus, we are getting there early to join in the festivities and do some exploring. SO...

We're going to India!
See this is getting better, we're not just quitting everything. We leave Nov. 13 and get back the 29th. I'm not sure what to expect. I have no idea what to pack. I'm a little overwhelmed. But also very excited. Will definitely have to post about that trip. Please check back around March 2014. I might have gotten around to it by then. No promises.

And I'm still kind of training for a marathon
... but I've lost some steam without an actual race looming on the horizon. Also the general lethargy I've been feeling lately has been a problem. I think it stems from working from home and also not having any other workout regimen (besides running). So maybe I'll be better once I start attending regular classes at the rec. Running a marathon was my new years resolution so I'll feel like an extra failure if I don't get 26.2 in by the end of the year. Thinking about putting on a Sunset Lake Marathon over Christmas (aka the most boring marathon ever, but 13 laps of a 2 mile loop makes water station set-up real easy). Feel free to come cheer me on and run a lap with me. If not this year, you can bet your butt, I'll be signing up for the next spring marathon in the area. After that I'll probably take a break from distance running for a while. Give my knees a break.


We went to Hogwarts!
Fulfilled my muggle dreams and went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando. It was pretty awesome, but I want to go to the real thing. Still hoping for my letter.

 
We did some gardening.
This spring we planted tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, corn, cucumbers, bell peppers and jalapenos. Very ambitious for out first garden. Well our tomatoes got HUGE and then they died before turning red. Big bummer. But we did make some pretty amazing fried green tomatoes. We had squash and zucchini coming out of our ears. I still have some shredded in our freezer. Jalapenos are doing awesome. Our plant is loaded down with fruit and we've already made a batch of jelly. We might try some pickling before it's all said and done. And more jelly (my personal fave).




Still working from home
I've quit job hunting. I've accepted the lonely, long days with only Rumpus for company. Pity me.

Mom and Dad are coming for a visit!
Nov 7-10! Mom's going to put up my Christmas while I pack for India. Then when we get back from India, it'll be Christmas!

And that's about it. Miss all my Texas friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment